The Brewing Process and Recommended Maxim Brewing Chemicals
- Causti-Clean or NCP Kettle Wash
- Acid CIP
- Klor-Foam NP
- Acid Foam
- I-O Safe
The Maxim Brewing Chemical Product Line-Up
- CAUSTI-CLEAN can be used in virtually any part of the process and is typically the highest volume product in the line
- CAUSTI-CLEAN is high pH product for use in cleaning organic soils on the interior of kettles
- Designed to aid in soil penetration, removal, and prevention of inorganic deposits in brewery cleaning applications
- In Bright Beer and keg cleaning the CO2 must be evacuated from the tank prior to use
- The typical use dilutions will range anywhere from 0.5 – 10 fluid ounces / gallon depending upon the system being cleaned and the degree of soil loading
NCP Kettle Wash
- NCP Kettle Wash is a powdered, soft metal safe alternative to heavy caustic circulation cleaners.
- NCP KETTLE WASH can be used in virtually any part of the process and is typically the highest volume product in the line
- NCP KETTLE WASH is a high pH product for use in cleaning organic soils on the interior of kettles
- The special blend of alkaline builders, water conditioners, low foaming surfactant, and active oxygen are effective at removing a wide variety of organic and proteinaceous soils.
- ACID CIP is an acid based cleaner designed for use in descaling and cleaning applications for removal of hard water, and beer stone deposits
- ACID CIP can be utilized in nearly every part of the brewing process often in clean in place (CIP) applications
- In addition to descaling applications, ACID CIP can be utilized as a single detergent for use in Bright Beer and Keg Cleaning applications, without the need for CO2 evacuation from the tank
- While not requiring evacuation of the tank, Acid CIP will typically not remove organic soils as effectively as Causti-Clean
- Typical use dilutions will range from 1.0 – 5.0 fluid ounces / gallon dependent upon the soil load
- KLOR-FOAM NP is a self-foaming, chlorinated alkaline cleaner
- KLOR-FOAM NP is effective on a wide variety of soils including animal and vegetable fats, blood, and protein
- KLOR-FOAM NP is designed for use through wall mounted and portable foaming units for exterior cleaning of equipment surfaces
- KLOR-FOAM NP is not recommended for use on aluminum or soft metal surfaces
- Cleaning concentrations of KLOR-FOAM NP will range from 2 – 8 fluid ounces / gallon depending upon the soil load of the equipment to be cleaned
- ACID FOAM is a specially blended high foaming acid detergent designed to remove inorganic scale deposits from equipment surfaces leaving the stainless steel bright and shiny.
- The high foaming characteristics ensure maximum coverage and contact time.
- ACID FOAM is designed for use through wall mounted and portable foaming units for exterior cleaning of equipment surfaces
- Cleaning concentrations of ACID FOAM will range from 1 – 8 fluid ounces / gallon depending upon the soil load of the equipment to be cleaned
- SAN-I-OX is an EPA registered peroxyacetic acid (PAA) based sanitizer
- Peroxyacetic Acid is preferred in the brewery environment because it will not change the flavor profile like sodium hypochlorite or affect the ‘head’ or foam of the product like quat based sanitizers
- Typical sanitizing solutions of SAN-I-OX range from 1 – 6.1 fluid ounces / 6 gallons (77 – 469 ppm PAA)
- I-O-SAFE is an EPA registered Iodophor (iodine) based sanitizer.
- I-O-SAFE is a versatile sanitizer, and can be utilized for Food Contact Equipment, Hand Sanitizing, and Boot Sanitizing applications. The low pH of I-O-SAFE sanitizers solutions allows for use without the need to evacuate CO2 from Tanks.
- Iodine is an older technology and is used much less frequently than San-I-Ox in today’s applications.
- This product is an oxidizing additive to improve the cleaning performance of alkaline and acid cleaners.
- This product is effective at aiding in the removal of proteinaceous soils.